Rozlyn's Roses

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Eagle Court of Honor cake

I love making cakes for people, so I volunteered to make a cake for my friend's son.  He earned his Eagle in Boy Scouts before his 14th birthday....very impressive.  I asked him to tell me his favorite merit badges and then I replicated them on an edible sugar sheet that I put through the printer. 


The cake is frosted with a whip cream frosting.  Inside is lemon sourcream cake and filled with lemon curd and fresh raspberries.
I found a chocolate mold at our local Scout office and added these white chocolate emblems around the middle layer.  After the chocolate hardened, I brushed them with edible gold dust.
For the cake topper I bought this eagle trophy and took it off the marble base. I then supported it by screwing it into a blank cd and covered it in frosting.  The troop numbers were also made from edible frosting sheets put through the printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment